We are very happy to announce the official release of Skanect 1.5 for Mac OS X Mountain Lion. This new version is optimized to run on recent models of Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, Mac Mini, and Mac Pro.
At this stage all sensors are supported, except Kinect for Windows.
It also includes a number of improvements which will soon be available for Windows too. Here is the full list:
- Export UV texture-mapped models (OBJ and PLY formats).
- VRML export (suitable to upload colored models to Shapeways).
- New export parameters: scale (millimeters, meters or inches) and number of faces.
- Improved user interface.
- Performance improvement (about 15%) for machines without GPU.
- Smoothing level parameter when creating watertight models.
- Track loss detection is now optional.
It also includes several bug fixes, including STL export, more robust file management, and more predictable offline reconstruction.
Many thanks to the early adopters of the Mac beta for their feedback!
To download a copy of Skanect for OS X, click here.